Working on your home in Dallas can be satisfying, but it can also increase your home’s value by making it more attractive to perspective buyers.
Here are some home improvement ideas that are perfect for fall, can be completed in a weekend, and won’t break the bank:
- Paint or refinish your furniture. Over time, furniture can get dirty and scuffed, and those imperfections can really show your furniture’s age.
- Clean or paint your baseboards and trim. Your home will automatically look spiffier.
- Replace your kitchen cabinet handles with new ones. You’d be amazed at what a difference this makes.
- Plant flowers along your entryway. This project will take more than a weekend to materialize, but when your flowers bloom, it’ll feel that much sweeter to get home.
- Add an accent wall. It’s a quick paint job and it’ll give a room new life.
- Update a few lighting fixtures or ceiling fans. New ceiling fixtures can make your home look much more modern, and they can light and cool your home more efficiently.
- Add some texture to your bathroom. A wallpaper finish can make a drab room really pop. And if you want your bathroom to feel luxurious, wallpaper is a great and affordable first step.
- Go bargain hunting for interesting furniture or decoration at your local thrift shop and refinish your new purchases. Not only can you find some one of a kind pieces for a fraction of the cost, you can update your home.
- Paint your staircase. You won’t believe what a difference it can make.
- Get rid of rust and water spot stains. Shiny steel always looks new.